Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a new Motorola Nexus 6 phone. I want to download my

Customer Question

I have a new Motorola Nexus 6 phone. I want to download my emails from my company's server. However, when I attempt to do this with the protocol provided with the phone, I get to the section to provide a password ***** no matter which password ***** I use (the password ***** receive my emails from my company's server, Google a/c PW or Gmail PW), the screen just returns to asking for the password. If I re-enter any of the passwords many times, the message comes up to re-try in 30 second. I think that I must be doing something wrong. Can you help me please? I have had no problems downloading the required emails remotely using my former HTC One phone or my Sony laptop. Thanks Doug
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think you should stick to the 'Add Account' part of the Google email setup.
But, does that ever ask you for your username? - if not, that may be the problem... it thinks your username, for GMail, is something else.
(If you have no GMail account yet, register for one on a computer... that may simplify the process. The 'Add Account' is for entering an already-existent account's details, not for creating a new account.)
Personal/IMAP/POP might be what you need to choose, however... *if* you know what the POP or IMAP ports etc. for your company email account are. (I don't know what your co. is, so I can't advise you... yet.)
Don't bother with Exchange, unless you want to spend several days on this matter. It might take that long.
Here's a question - if you have a GMail account, if the Nexus device understands and has entered into it, whatever your GMail account's username is ***** ***** needs asking: Are you observing, when entering your password ***** GMail, the UPPER-CASE versus lower-case distinction? such distinctions are very important when entering an email password, on any device. UPPER-CASE letters must be entered as such, and lower-case as lower-case too.
Let me know how it has gone (in the details I have asked about) and how it is going, and I will try to advise you further.