Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

How can I get my new lg leon android phone to have both wifi

Customer Question

How can I get my new lg leon android phone to have both wifi enabled and mobile hotspot tethering at the same time?
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The actual problem is when I turn the wifi button on on my lg phone it automatically turns off my tethering. When I bought the phone they told me you could use both but that turned out not to be true. My old lg optimus L90 actually works differently and allows both to be on at the same time. T-mobile my carrier says that that is impossible, but the salesman who sold me the phone says the lg leon should do both.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Secondly, do you think that with newer tmobile phones that they are block by tmobile on purpose from letting you have wifi and hotspot or do you think it is the phones features that let it have capability or not? Thanks!
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
As far as I know and from the experience of several devices like Android, iPhone etc, if you have the WiFi Hotspot enabled you can't use any other WiFi connectivity features.
The tethering will be stopped even if you attempt to make a WiFi scan.
You can only use one feature at a time. Either as a WiFi client/receiver from other device (like a router) or as a WiFi provider a.k.a known as WiFi hotspot. These are more of a hardware limitation (WiFi radio) and also Android devices devices are programmed this way. I'm not sure how your old LG Optimus support both at same time but I think even if the WiFi seems to be ON on it, it doesn't mean it is actually using the internet from WiFi but from mobile network. Yes, you will be able to use mobile internet on the phone when the WiFi hotspot in ON.
Note, this only applies to WiFi Hotspot. You will be able to use WiFi on your phone and can also tether to your computer via USB/Bluetooth at same time.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask as I'm happy to continue to help you until you are satisfied.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
No, it is not TMobile that purposefully block this feature. It is actually a limitation of the WiFi radio of the phone or a feature of the phone.