Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I have a galaxy ace3 which has been under water minutes.

Customer Question

I have a galaxy ace3 which has been under water for 20 minutes. When I now try to charge it, it shows a yellow triangle on the screen. The touch screen doesn't appear to be working. Your help would be greatly appreciated. regards ***** *****
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
Unfortunately, the galaxy ace 3 is not waterproof nor is it water resistant to any degree. And submerging it in water for 20 minutes as with any phone that's not waterproof, the phone has undoubtedly been destroyed. While you could try changing just the battery – the battery is most susceptible to water damage – I would say there is a chance of that helping if you only dropped it in the water for a moment. But at 20 minutes I do not think, based on my experience, that there is anything to be gained by trying to get it to work again. I would either traded in for a new phone or if you have accidental insurance on it send it back to the insurance company to replace. I know this not the answer that you were hoping for, but it is accurate so I hope that it helps.