Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have an old Samsung Galaxy S3, and after getting a new

Customer Question

I have an old Samsung Galaxy S3, and after getting a new Galaxy S5, my memory card was transferred to new phone. How do I transfer photos saved on older device to new phone, and/or my Mac? Fyi, I tried connecting the older phone, via usb to Macbook pro
and it didn't recognize device. Using T-Mobile hotspot at home...
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have to log off...will look for your email response...thank you
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
You can use bluetooth to transfer them:
Select phtos you want to send.
Now click on share, here you will have to find bluetooth devices.
Turn bluetooth on the new phone on under settings>connectivity.
Connect the two and send them, it may take a while if there are a lot.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy M!
Did not use your suggestion, as I took both phones (old Galaxy 3 and new Galaxy S5, my husbands) to T-Mobile store, and representative, transferred all photos. However, I have another question for you, regarding Androids...I have another Galaxy S4 (mine), and I had almost everything transferred (contacts, photos, etc.) to my new Galaxy S5, moved card to new phone...old photos still on the old phone...could you please give me directions, again (sorry!), in transferring to my MacBook Pro? I am employed full time, am very busy Professional...and thusly, chose your services to facilitate these issues...Thank you.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
All you should need to do is connect the phone to the Mac with a cable. Then when it shows up (it should show up like a flash drive) open it and find the DCIM folder. All the photos will be inside of the folder. Just move them wherever you like on the Mac. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
.