Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I useally unlock my phone with a finger print scanner this

Customer Question

i useally unlock my phone with a finger print scanner this morning i went to unlock it and it has come up with alternative password ***** i don't know what that is.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Are you currently locked out your phone now ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello ashik, yes i am
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help with my question ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
When you enter wrong password ***** multiple times, it should ask for the Gmail account associated with it. Enter some incorrect passwords and does it ask for Gmail. If so use that Gmail account to reset the code.
If that didn't work, then the only option to get in to the phone is factory-reset. There is no other way to override the password ***** if the Gmail option didn't work. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). Follow the steps below to factory reset it;
Turn off the phone
Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
Android system recovery will be loaded now
Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)
Select Yes — delete all user data.
Then select reboot system now
That should factory reset the phone. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If you have any difficulty with resetting the phone, please let me know and I will continue to help you.
Resetting is your only option since you are locked out.