Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

I have a kindle fire hdx. it requires no password. I just

Customer Question

I have a kindle fire hdx. it requires no password. I just turn it on and start using. When I tried to do that tonight, it says that I must enter a password. When I bring down the top it says " lock screen notifications are turned off ~ tap here to change your settings". What did I do wrong to have it say that I have a PIN when I don't? Can you help me get back into it to use?
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not have the capability to text. I will be up for a while yet hoping to receive your call to fix my problem with my kindle fire hdx.I have a kindle fire hdx. it requires no password. I just turn it on and start using. When I tried to do that tonight, it says that I must enter a password. When I bring down the top it says " lock screen notifications are turned off ~ tap here to change your settings". What did I do wrong to have it say that I have a PIN when I don't? Can you help me get back into it to use?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am medically disabled with heart and other problems since 1997. I don't have a lot of money to spend on this problem. My family got this kindle for me as a gift since I can't get out to a library. We all assumed that it would be hassle free. I only have an older model computer that has a tower and modem, keyboard and screen in a back room. I cannot sit here for long periods as it makes my pain worse.
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Did someone get a hold of your kindle that he/she might have set a password ***** it? Please try the followings:
- Press and hold the Power On/Off button on the kindle for about 20 seconds, then turn it back on and check.
- If that does not work, enter any password ***** any PIN and unlock for about 5 to 6 times, then tap on the Reset option and confirm to erase. (If needed, rotate the kindle to horizontal (landscape) mode, then tap on Reset and confirm.)
- If that still does not work, log in your Amazon account at the website below:
https://www.amazon.com/mycd
, then there, click on Your Devices
, From the list of devices registered to your Amazon account, select your kindle device
, Select the Device Actions drop-down menu, and then select Remote Lock.
, Enter and then confirm a new password ***** PIN, and then select Lock Device.
, From your Kindle device, tap Unlock Device.
, Swipe in from the right edge of the screen to unlock your device. , Enter your lock screen password ***** PIN, and then tap OK.
- If all fails, log in your Amazon account at the website below:
https://www.amazon.com/mycd
, then there, click on Your Devices
, then select your kindle device there
, then select the option Deregister
, then select Deregister again
, then check. (If needed, power on/off restart the kindle by pressing and holding the power on/off button on the kindle.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.