Jason Jones, Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

We bought our 8 year old grand-daughter an Asus D10KBC240448

Customer Question

We bought our 8 year old grand-daughter an Asus D10KBC240448 and she has put a pattern password ***** it and now we can't unlock it,is there any way we can access it please?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
I cannot find the model "D10KBC240448". May I ask for you to verify that you supplied the correct model?
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will put in the letter O instead of the number 0 to see if that makes a difference as the model number is ***** to make out on the rear of the 7" tablet D1OKBC24O448
I am sorry, but I cannot find any such model.
Being that you cannot login the previous ways, you must reset the device. This will erase all that is on it. It will be in the same state as it was when you first purchased it.
Please, do the following:
- Turn the Tablet all the way off
- Hold down the Volume Down button and the power button at the same time (keep them both pressed down)
- Wait 5 seconds
- Release the power button, but keep the Volume Down button pressed
- When the Android logo appears, let go of the volume down button
--- If this does not work, repeat the instructions but use the volume up key instead ---
- Press the Volume Up & down buttons to select 'Factory Reset'
- Press the Power button to select it
- Choose to reset and press the power button
Once that finishes, the device will be reset.
Did that help at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jason i will get my hubby to follow your instructions and if we still can't access the MeMopad i will get back to you.
Thank you
Dianne
If it does work, please do not to still come back and rate my help on this page. That is the only way I am given any credit whatsoever from the website for my time. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Jason
No your instructions didn't work we noticed SAFE MODE is written in the bottom left corner and her father can't remember seeing it there before.
Were you able to find a different model name or any thing else on the tablet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay,it's a MeMopad D1OKBC240443 N13219 i think these numbers and letters are more accurate.
For that model, the instructions below should reset it.- Turn the Asus off.- Press Volume down and the Power button.- With the volume key, choose 2. Factory Reset Option.- Press the Power button to confirm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Jason there is only two buttons,the volume and the power and when both are pressed the pad turns on and that's that.
You are pressing Volume DOWN and the Power button, but the menu doesn't come up? I am sorry, but that means I am out of ideas. The normal reset process didn't work for you for some unknown reason. I have run out of ideas.For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.Thank you for your patience. - Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay i am still waiting for someone to get in touch with me......please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,if you are unable to advise me on a positive solution to unlock the above mentioned MeMopad i hope you are as fast at putting the $37 back into my account as you were taking it.