Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My Kindle keeps freezing and restarting. Sometimes I can get

Customer Question

My Kindle keeps freezing and restarting. Sometimes I can get it to stay on but when it goes to sleep it sends the book I am reading is all the way on the last page. I tried updating the software (mine is on 3.0.2) but nothing happened. This is the first problem I have had with my Kindle.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
This usually happens if there is any issue with the firmware. We may need to reinstall the firmware. But first we can can soft-reset the Kindle and see if it works or not. Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for 20 seconds and this will reset the Kindle.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so can reset the firmware.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First of all my Kindle did update the software to 3.3. But it is still freezing up and won't bring my book back to the first page when I do get it to work.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. It seems like the entire firmware is corrupted. We will have to factory reset it.
Do a factory reset from Settings > device > factory data reset.
After factory reset you can re register it with your original Amazon account to redownload your books.