Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

How do I delete books/marks etc from my kindle permanently

Customer Question

how do I delete books/marks etc from my kindle permanently ?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I don't understand. Do you want to delete the books or the bookmarks of the websites from the Web browser ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have books/bookmarks etc. on my Kindle device. How do I delete some of them?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Those are two different things. Books are the downloaded books for reading but bookmarks are the shortcuts of the websites you added to your Kindle for easy access of those sites.
What exactly do you want do delete ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If you want do delete some of both, then please tell what model your Kindle you are using. So I can give you correct instructions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Books from my Kindle e-reader
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
To delete Books from your Kindle, open the library. Tap and hold your finger down on the book you wish to delete. It will give you the option to 'Remove from Device'. Tap it and it will remove the book from your Kindle.
This process will delete it from your Kindle, but your books will still be in the cloud.
If you want to permanently delete from your account, then please follow the steps below;
On your computer, go to Manage Your Content and Devices, this site --> https://www.amazon.com/mycd
From Your Content, change the Show drop-down menu to the appropriate category, if needed.
Select the title(s) that you want to delete, and then select Delete.
To confirm, select Yes, delete permanently.
If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If this is a old model ereader, then follow the steps below;
Open list of books. Find the book title you want to remove from your Kindle device. Make sure it is underlined before continuing. Press the right direction on the 5-way controller. A list of options should pop up. Select Remove from Device and press OK.