Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I went to download a new game and parental controls popped

Customer Question

I went to download a new game and parental controls popped up asking for a password. I never set this up, so I don't have a password. I'm the only one who uses my kindle. What do I do?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Unfortunately you will have to factory reset your Kindle if you don't remember the parential control password. Factory reset will erase everything from it, but you can redownload all your books back by re-registering it with your same Amazon account you used on it.
To factory reset, Tap the Settings icon (top right corner) or top part of the screen, then tap More. Tap Device. Tap Reset to Factory Defaults. Confirm and reset.
Then register it with the Amazon account you used on it.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.