Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

How can I bypass my pin lock..my phone has been broken for

Customer Question

hi how can I bypass my pin lock..my phone has been broken for a while and I cant remember the code I don't want to loose all my photos ect
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me the make and model of the phone please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a Samsung s4
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youThe only way you are going to be able to remove the code is to reset the phone, which, if the photos where only stored on the internal memory, will wipe the photos.This you cannot avoid. It is the whole point of the Pin code, to protect the data on the phone. If you do not feel this is the case, I ask please you do not provide me a bad rating, and if you wish you can go and search for another way to get past this.Once this has been exhausted then you will need to accept the reset will have to be done.To do the reset, you will need to do the following procedure.Power off the phoneHold down the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds. Release them when the Android logo appears on the screen. This will bring up the unlock/reset menu.To navigate through this menu, use the volume up/down buttons to scroll up and down and the power button to confirm selections.Scroll down and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.Scroll down and select Yes - Delete All User Data.When prompted, scroll to and select Reboot SystemThe phone will then be returned to a new state and you can then setup the phone again for use.I then advise you install the app Dropbox which will backup your photos online so you will never have the option to lose them again.If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you