Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Please I need some help to flash my Samsung infuse

Customer Question

Hi ***** need some help to flash my Samsung infuse -SGH-I997. It is stuck on white screen when i was updating to new version. It asked me to go for emergency recovery ... after that i never started.
i have tried all of those option to download and hard reset . when i did that all i am getting is a white screen somtimes tiny coloured dots on the white screen. there is not any way i can go to download mode.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please exactly what happens when you power off the phone by removing the battery, then hold the volume up and power?

Please tell me what happens then

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I power on the phone it displays white screen. When try volume up and down button and power on button. Same white screen comes some time with tiny color donts.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** try to flash the device via your computer to see if we can get it working

Can you do the following please

Download the firmware you want to install at http://SamMobile.com/firmwares

Once the download is complete, extract the firmware file to a place you will remember, like a folder on your desktop.

Download Odin. Odin is a simple utility that is used to flash firmware to Samsung devices. Here is a link to one source: http://bitli.es/HEZIgA

Make sure your phone is off and disconnected from your computer.

Open Odin. Under Options, only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" should be checked.

Click the "AP" (or "PDA") box and browse for the extracted firmware file.

Press and hold the following buttons in order: Volume Down + Home + Power. Keep holding them until you see a screen that says "Warning!!" at the top.

Press the Volume Up button to continue.

The next screen will show the Android logo and say "ODIN MODE" at the top left. The text is very tiny - almost unreadable. So if you can't read it, you are on the right track.

Now connect your phone to your computer via USB.

In Odin, look to the top left and wait until you see in the leftmost box "COM" followed by a colon and a number, such as "COM:4". The number doesn't matter. Once you see that, you can proceed.

In the Message box in Odin, you should see several lines of text.

Press Start in Odin.

Odin will begin processing, and on your screen you will see "Downloading" with a status bar underneath.

When Odin is successfully finished, you will see in the Message box "All threads completed".

Your phone should begin rebooting. You can disconnect from the computer.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have samsung infuse phone. This phone does not have home button.I already told you i have tried volume up+down +power. Still display white screen. No warning.. nothing.Press and hold the following buttons in order: Volume Down + Home + Power. Keep holding them until you see a screen that says "Warning!!" at the top.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, then try it this way please

Pull battery
Put battery back in
Hold volume up+down
Plug USB cord with Odin running on pc

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have tried this option to phone turn it on same white screen. nothing display. PC saying USB unrecognized
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact the problem continues and the PC wont detect it correctly, confirms this

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

.