Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

Have an impression android 9.7 inch tablet, forgot password,

Customer Question

Have an impression android 9.7 inch tablet, forgot password, how do I unlock it??
thx
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. If the problem you're having is unlocking the tablet altogether – that you cannot get past the pattern lock with her password ***** on the lock screen, the only way to get by it, and this is by design, is to erase the device. To erase the device you have to go into the system recovery which is entered by booting up the tablet while holding down either the up volume or the down volume button until it comes up to the recovery menu at that recovery menu you can do a wipe restore factory and then press the power button to enter and it will confirm before it goes off and does the white it will take several minutes to complete the white and when it's done it will go through the normal set up. Please let me know if this answers your question or if you need additional help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did respond; tried your reply, does not work, appears the tablet is locked beyond repair.
It's not really possible for it to be locked beyond repair. If it is locked, you should be able to at least unlock it by erasing it. That's what the instructions I gave you should do. Another option would be, if you don't mind going to the trouble, attempting to reflash the ROM.