Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Trying to setup my new Galaxy Note 4 to use my GoDaddy Account.

Customer Question

trying to setup my new Galaxy Note 4 to use my GoDaddy Account. I'm typing the correct POP3 incoming server but I get an error. Trying SSL authentication with Port 995
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.What is the error message that you receive when trying to add it?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unable to setup account...unable to connect to server
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
...if I try "No Authentication" and Port 110 the message reads:
Unable to setup account...Unable to connect to server (-ERR authorization failed. Check your server settings.)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then the server or port will be incorrect Can you please make sure these are the settings you are using Incoming Server: serverpop.secureserver.netPort: 110Username Enter your full email address.Password ***** your email account password.Outgoing Mail Serverserver: smtpout.secureserver.netPort :80Security type: None Save this and tell me if it then connects please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I now get: Alert "Unable to connect to e-mail server to verify you account information. No response from server."
...per GoDaddy, the Incoming Server is supposed to be "pop.secureserver.net"...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
there are multiple servers it uses (on their site its the one I gave, but sometimes they use this one) which one did you get No Authentication" and Port 110 the message reads: Unable to setup account...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes...Unable to setup account...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, that error is due to using the wrong or no passwordCan you make sure your doing the entire process correctly by following the steps in the video on my link below https://youtu.be/4VN3NkaoVSg Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Using "serverpop.secureserver.net" results in: Alert - Unable to connect to e-mail server to verify...
Using "pop.secureserver.net" results in "Unable to setup account...unable to connect to server (-ERR suthorization...)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have logged onto GoDaddy per your YouTube video. There is no "Workspace Control Panel on that screen. Our e-mail is already setup. I have logged into this e-mail on my old phone. I just got a new phone. It is not working on the new phone.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but the authentication error is referring to your password.What are (except for the actual password) all the values you are using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can log into my GoDaddy e-mail account via a web browser. I'm using the same password ***** my phone that I use when I logon via the web browser. The password ***** ***** lower case and is "my3sons" (without the quotes)...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but can you tell me all the settings you putting in (server, ports, SSL or not)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Incoming Server Settings:
Email address: ***@******.***
Username: ralph.luben
Password: my3sons
POP3 server: serverpop.secureserver.net
Security Type: None
Port: 110Outgoing Settings:
SMTP server: smtpout.secureserver.net
Security type: None
Port: 80
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you missed in my instructions the user name needs to be your email address please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it! It was the user name! Thanks!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome!We just needed to get the settings as I indicated. If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you