Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

My wife's Samsung 500T tablet suddenly won't boot correctly. The initial screen

Customer Question

My wife's Samsung 500T tablet suddenly won't boot correctly. The initial screen pops up with the correct time, but it says no internet connection and drained battery. It will not respond to screen touches at all.
Plugging it in to charge it shows 72% battery charge.
I can't pull the battery since it is internal. Any suggestions on how to do a hard reset?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Yes you can do a hard reset. In order to do this turned the tablet off completely by holding the power button, then while holding the volume down button press and hold the power key and until it starts to power on continue holding the down volume key until a screen pops up with a little android that appears to be dead. That is your recovery. Once you get to that, you will see a text menu use the volume up and down to navigate the menu. Navigate to wipe/factory settings and then use the power button to select. Then it will confirm and start the reset. This reset procedure will take several minutes so please be patient. It may restart a couple of times. But once it's finished you should have a fresh flash of the original ROM working properly. If not or if you have additional questions, please let me know. Mike