Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I put my fingerprint scan on as password ***** nite then my

Customer Question

I put my fingerprint scan on as password ***** nite then my phone wouldn't read it and I don't know my alternative password
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Thanks for your question. To clarify, is this an iPhone 6? Thanks,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no its a Samsung s5 mini new one
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** opt out so an expert better suited can handle this question. When one becomes available, they will contact you. Please do not reply back until you hear from them as it may delay the transition. Thanks and good luck!John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need my phone unlocked now as I have to travel 5000 km across Australia in 2 hours to finalise my fathers estate
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** saw your question and thought that I may build provide you with some additional assistance. If it has come up to the point where it says you may enter an alternate password. That password ***** ***** the password ***** use for the Google/Gmail account associated with that device. As long as you can log into your Gmail account through your web browser, you should be able to use that password ***** access the device when the fingerprint option does not work. If not, you may have to do a wipe of the phone to get back into it. By design android is very secure and it is not always possible to bypass security nor would you want it to be. One other option that you have is if you have the phone set up under your android device manager with your Google account – and this may have happened automatically so it's worth checking – you can lock your phone as if it were lost and when you lock it you can give it a can number with which you can unlock it. So if you do find that it is in your android device manager just go to the phone and lock it. Do not wipe it because if you wipe it, you then lose all control over it. But it is safe to lock it and when you do, it will ask you to put in a new password ***** lock the phone. Then just go to the phone and use that pin number or password ***** Again, that option is only available if android device manager has the rights on your device to perform those steps Mike