Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Problem on my ebook. Seems to be a balance on account and cannot

Customer Question

Problem on my ebook. Seems to be a balance on account and cannot download or music.
Can also see books that my wife dl, but none of mine.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone working on this?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What is the model and make of your device ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Kindle Fire eBook reader.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
First we can can soft-reset the Kindle and see if it works or not. Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for 20 seconds and this will reset the Kindle.
Then try to download the books. If that didn't work, then the issue is with firmware of your Kindle. So you can factory reset your Kindle and re-register it with your Amazon account. This will install a fresh firmware and you will be able to redownload all your purchased items without paying again.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried it and it is the same thing.
We have 2 e readers. We have one account and both my wife and I use it. What has happened now is I have her books on my reader. Her's works fine, but mine not. I cannot dl and books or music. My music is still there and it plays, but I cannot dl new music. The books I had are gone.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Did you factory reset it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I held the power button on for 20 or more seconds, then restarted the reader. All came back the same.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That is soft reset method. I want you to factory reset it. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings. Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults. Tap Reset to confirm.
This will delete everything from the Kindle and install a fresh software. Then re-register it with your Amazon account and everything can be redownloaded.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that. I started the correct way just now and it tells me not enough battery. I have it on charge right now.Reader says I need at least 40% and the reader is at 37%. Recontact you later? It's now at 40%
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can contact me later. It is not safe to do the reset without having sufficient battery charge on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How to contact?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me later via that bookmark.
If it has 40% charge now then you can safely reset it.