Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My grandson played a trick on my wife's phone and changed the

Customer Question

My grandson played a trick on my wife's phone and changed the password ***** does not remember what he changed the pin to. Any help?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Enter some incorrect password ***** it will ask you to use your Gmail account associated with it to reset the password. Use that gmail account.
If that didn't work, then you have to factory reset it. Unfortunately, this will remove everything from your S5 and install a fresh version of software. There is no way to get back in to the phone without factory reset.
Follow the steps below to factory reset it.
Turn off the phone.
Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
Android system recovery will be loaded now.
Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)
Select Yes — delete all user data.
Then select reboot system now
This will factory reset it. After factory, you have to setup it again. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.