Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

Can the screen of a kindle fire XD be repaired? The top half

Customer Question

Can the screen of a kindle fire XD be repaired? The top half is crazed and makes it hard to see what I is on screen. Thanks.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Yes, it can be repaired. It is very difficult to repair on your own, however. The reason is that the screen and the digitizer, like nearly all other touchscreens, are fused together, yet sold separately. This means that the only way to replace the screen correctly involves using an ultraviolet cure glue. But you can have it repaired either sending it to Amazon, or a third-party repair service. If it became crazed without physical damage and it still within the warranty, then it will be covered under warranty and Amazon will do it at no charge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No warranty. W so what will it cost without? I don't think it has physical damage.
The cost varies from around $100. The best place to find it for a reasonable cost is to go to eBay and look for Kindle screen replacement services.