Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I can't remember if which kindle I have. I do know it isn't

Customer Question

Hi, I can't remember if which kindle I have. I do know it isn't a Kindle fire. It is a touch screen if that helps. I was reading on it the other night and the next morning it wouldn't turn on, I tried changing it but still will not turn on. It has a pic of a book advertisement but it will not turn on. Can you help me please.
Thanks
Misty
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
First we can can soft-reset the Kindle and see if it works or not. Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for 20 seconds and this will reset the Kindle.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** that and ithe went to the connect your charger screen and I plugged it up, hopefully this will work because we leave for vacation in a week and I had just bought some be books. Thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
It might not work if the firmware is corrupted. But if this is just a glitch, the reset will work.
If it is not working, then I want you to connect it to your computer and reset it while connected.
Let me know how it goes please.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
FYI If you have another device like computer, Android phones, iPhone, tablets etc then you can download Kindle application on them and get access to your purchased books. You can access your purchased books on unlimited number of devices.
Let me know if you need help with that as I'm happy to continue to help you.