Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

My kindle has a picture of a battery with the message "Battery

Customer Question

My kindle has a picture of a battery with the message "Battery Rmpty". There are instructions...I followed the instructions, but nothing changed.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The notice is Empty Baiiery
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow up to 5 minutes for the battery to start charging.If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** did not work. My wife bought my kindle from Amazon about a year ago. I
misplaced it somewhere in the house and just found it my files...don't laugh at me!
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Was it over or under a year ago? It is important to know for warranty purposes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife said three years.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.In SOME cases they will grant the 1 year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard back from you in a while. Please let me know if you need help with anything else or if you have anymore questions. If you do not, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.