Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Forgot swipe to unlock phone.

Customer Question

Forgot swipe to unlock phone.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What is the model and make of your phone ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Motorola droid maxx
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
To make sure, did you forget the unlock password/pattern lock ? Are you locked out of your phone now ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Are you currently locked out your Motorola phone now ?
Please let me know by replying here, so I can send you the instructions to fix it.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Try some incorrect patterns/password ***** it will ask for the Gmail account associated with it. So just enter it and it will be unlocked.
If that didn't work, then the only option to get back to the phone is factory reset. Factory reset will erase everything from it and put it to out of box state. This is the only way to fix the problem. Follow the steps below to factory reset it.
Turn off the phone.
Then press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button and this will boot into fast boot menu.
From that menu press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
Press the Power button to boot into recovery mode.
Then you'll see an image of an Android robot.
So while holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button and this will boot into recovery menu.
Select "wipe data/factory reset" with volume up/down buttons and press the Power button to select it.
Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it.
If the above doesn't work, then follow the instructions in this video to factory reset it --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXFsNHuUr0I
This will factory reset it. It might be a little tricky to get it to factory reset, so keep trying if you have any difficulty.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.