Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My samsung galaxy centura phone, will not stay on. It will

Customer Question

My samsung galaxy centura phone, will not stay on. It will turn on, boot up and then after about 90 seconds it shuts itself off, then turns on again, boots up, stays on for about 90 seconds, shuts itself off, then turns on etc.etc. Help!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think it is possible that the phone has a defective battery.
Rechargeable batteries for electronic devices do become incapable of holding or of delivering power, eventually, regardless of what type of battery they are. This usually takes several years of use, or a somewhat lesser period of disuse in some cases.
A way of testing this hypothesis about the problem's cause, instead of just replacing the battery on the chance it will solve the problem, would be either
1. *if* the charger is the type that plugs into the phone, power the phone up with the charger plugged into the phone, and see if it works, fully and capably and with several functions, for 4 minutes or more. If it does, the battery is at fault and should be replaced.
&/or
2. seeing whether, during the 90 seconds or so that it remains On, you can use all normal functions. If so, if it can dial out and make a call, access other functions etc., then the battery is most likely the problem and should be replaced.
(If you replace the battery, the replacement battery should be charged up for 6+ hours before its first use, owing to being on a shelf for some time before you bought it.)
Let me know how it goes, and what you observe, and what you think, please. Thanks.