Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Hopefully this is NEXUS support...my tablet went dead overnight

Customer Question

Hopefully this is NEXUS support...my tablet went dead overnight and I cannot charge it or restart it...tried to charge nothing? What gives with this product? IS there a way to restart it or just dump it in trash where it apparently belongs....>
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the tablet shows no sign of life, no sign of having any power, not even briefly, then the battery in it may have gone dead.
Rechargeable batteries of all types that electronic devices use, tend to lose their ability to hold charge, or to deliver power, with time. If your Nexus tablet is over 1 1/2 years old, that is distinctly possible. (- Please note: if it is under 1 years, measured from date of purchase, the failure of the battery should be covered by warranty from the maker of the tablet. Let me know if that is the case.)
The Nexus battery is a flat oblong item, inside your tablet. The replacement batteries for various Nexus tablets are specific to the particular tablet's exact model number, so this is only an example, of what a Nexus replacement battery looks like, and how they are sold and at roughly what price:
http://www.amazon.com/Google-Nexus-Tablet-Replacement-Battery/dp/B00ERKI9AW
Let me know your Nexus tablet's model #, and I will instruct you further as to what to do, and several places where you could get a replacement battery for your tablet.
(If this completes the case as far as you are concerned, please rate my Answer. Thanks.)