Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Rich,I just got my Galaxy 3 replaced, set up a new password,

Customer Question

Hi Rich,
I just got my Galaxy 3 replaced, set up a new password, it worked for a few days, but now it doesn't work and I have only 5 tries left before wipout.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. If you have device manager active you can do it this way. On a computer or other mobile phone, go to:
https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
Select your device if it is not already selected. In the appearing window, enter a password. You don’t have to enter a recovery message. Now click ‘Lock’ again.
If it was successful, you should see a confirmation below the box with the buttons Ring, Lock and Erase. On your phone you should now see a password ***** in which you should enter the temporary password. This should unlock your phone.
Now, go to your phone’s lock screen settings and disable the temporary password. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.