Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have a note 3 SM-N9005 which has today decide that it doesn't

Customer Question

I have a note 3 SM-N9005 which has today decide that it doesn't want to recognise any wifi, I have removed battery and sim for 5 minutes then restarted but still no action
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
This usually happens if there is any problem with WiFi chip or antenna. Turn off bluetooth and turn on Airplane mode. Then turn on WiFi and does it recognize the Wifi ?
If not, download the WiFi Analyzer application from Play Store. Open it and scan with it. Does it find any WiFi networks ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ashik,
Turning to flight mode did not show a wifi service and wifi analyser does not detect my wifi either.
Bill
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bill, Sorry for the delay. I'm afraid either the WiFi antenna or the WiFi chip has failed. Software issues usually don't cause this kind of issue. Also, if this is a problem with system software then the WiFi analyzer should have worked.
The only option left to try is factory reset. Factory issue will rule out the firmware. Connect the Note to your computer and backup all your files and then do a factory reset.
You can use Kies to do a full backup --> http://www.samsung.com/in/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/
After backing up, go to Settings > Backup & Reset and select factory data reset. Then factory reset it. After factory reset, setup it again and see if it recognize the WiFi or not.
If it still not recognizing, then I'm sorry this is an hardware issue. You will have to send it to Samsung to replace the WiFi chip/antenna.
You can restore the backup to your device from Kies at any time you want.
I know this might not be the answer you want to hear, but this is something we might not be able to fix online. I want you to try factory reset and if that didn't work, then you will have to send it in for repair. There are no other options to reset WiFi.
If it is under warranty, then Samsung will either replace the device or fix it for free.
Please don't rate me bad or poor service.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.