Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

The 1066 tablet i am working on will not take the update, it

Customer Question

the 1066 tablet i am working on will not take the update, it crashes with the dead android guy
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Proscan PLT1066 10" tablet have downloaded all files from the Proscan web site, and they do not know what's wrong. I need the dis-assembly instructions & a schematic if you know where I might get them, that would be great. I have 20 yrs experience as a e-tech & 30 yrs as Computer Science engineer working with embedded military hardware & software. Thank you.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, I'm sorry to hear about that.How old is your tablet? Also have you had success with other updates on this machine in the past?Please explain that will help me diagnose this for you;-)Thank youTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, no updates were installed, I just received the tablet from a friend. So I have tried all the usual steps to no avail it's age is unknown but the user says it's over a year old, no receipt. I need to open the case and do an inspection... I am a Elect Tech, a System Admin for both Windoze and Linux, & a senior SW Engineer. So I need disassemble instructions and the schematics
... Also any additional directions you can provide. I have tried to discharge the battery, but i need to remove it to completely deenerize the device.When I attempted the Curtis upgrade with SD Card, it was unable to wipe system memory & cache. I did do it manually. Then started the upgrade, which terminated & the Android guy laying down dead.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi lol,There is a lot you need, but I will work with you as far as I can.First thing• We need to do a hard reset in your tablet to stop the freeze status • Switch off your phone first• You need to press/hold power+volume down• Just keep holding it till a logo would appear. This is the time you will let go of the buttons• A message will pop out stating “restorefactory settings” • Just click the to select the power button and to scroll is the volume button• Then reboot your tablet this will switch off your tablet• It will switch back on again and the process is successful!• You will notice that it doesn’t freeze at the logo screen anymore;-)I will see if the schematics are available as well but that may take me some time they don't like giving that stuff out lol.After you do this, try the update you tried before, let me know if that works?Also here is a video for you , it should help you open the tablet.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb8caOVjN1MI will continue looking ofr more useful things for you but since it may take me some time especailly for the schematics please rate my service thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you.It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)You can always contact me anytime after rating at no additional cost to you;-)Thank you and have a great day!Please rate kindly at this time.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.