Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I cannot order books anymore. The kindle fire says sign-in

Customer Question

I cannot order books anymore. The kindle fire says sign-in required, and that I do not have authorization. Can you help me. My husband bought me the Kindle fire for Christmas 2012. My husband passed away 2 days before Christmas 2014, and he took care of all of these kinds of problems for me. I have enjoyed my Kindle very much to this point. Can you help me? Please phone me at(###) ###-####or my cell phone(###) ###-####
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
To clarify, when you try to sign in, it rejects your password. Is this the issue you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. I've never had a password ***** and I have been able to by books and read them. Why do I need a password ***** if I have to have one how do I sign in?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You always had a password, it was just auto entered, which it stopped, but every account has a password ***** protect it.
On your computer, click on my link below and then reset your password *****
https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/account/forgot-password/email.html
Once you have reset your password ***** then use this new password ***** the Kindle and it will then be accepted.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you