Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

My RAZR will not boot. When I turn the phone on, only the Motorola

Customer Question

My RAZR will not boot. When I turn the phone on, only the Motorola logo appears and the phone refuses to reboot using standard reboot techniques.
It all started with a phishing attack on my phone.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Try booting through a factory reset option... Ensure the device is powered off. Press and hold the Volume Up button and Power buttons until the Boot Mode Selection Menu appears then release.From the Boot Mode Selection Menu, select Recovery. Utilize the volume down button to scroll through the options and the volume up button to select. If a selection is not made within 5 seconds, the device powers up normally.From the Android system recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure), press and hold the Volume up button then press and release the Power button to display the menu. Select wipe data/factory reset. Utilize the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.Select Yes -- delete all user data. Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.Select reboot system now.