Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My daughter bought a prepaid Android moto e, yesterday

Customer Question

Hello, My daughter bought a prepaid Android moto e, yesterday and has made a pattern she cant remember to unlock her device. Please help ASAP she's absolutely driving me insane, lol.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Ask her to try some incorrect patterns and it will ask for the Gmail account associated with it. So just enter it and it will be unlocked.
If that didn't work, then the only option is factory reset it. Factory reset will erase everything from it and put it to out of box state. This is the only way to fix the problem. Follow the steps below to factory reset it.
Turn off the phone.
Then press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button and this will boot into fast boot menu.
From that menu press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
Press the Power button to boot into recovery mode.
Then you'll see an image of an Android robot.
So while holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button and this will boot into recovery menu.
Select "wipe data/factory reset" with volume up/down buttons and press the Power button to select it.
Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it.
See this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZnl1LtxP1o
This will factory reset it. It might be a little tricky to get into recovery, so keep trying.
If the above method doesn't work, then try this method shown in this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlMhNLKJnzc
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?