Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Ashik, I do not have a clue as to how to update my details

Customer Question

Hi Ashik,
I do not have a clue as to how to update my details to allow me to continue buying books. I am not very computer illiterate, so will need step by step guidance to do this task. Can you help please?
Regards,
Margaret McSeveney
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi Margaret and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
You can change the card details of your Amazon account from online (using your computer). Follow the steps below (from Amazon)
On your computer, open the internet browser like Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer.
Then goto this website --> https://www.amazon.com/mycd
Login with your Amazon account and password. Then from from Settings, select Edit Payment Method below Kindle Payment Settings.
Select the desired credit card information, or add a new card, and then click Continue.
Enter the desired billing address, and then click Continue. You will be taken back to the Kindle Payment Settings page where you can view your edited 1-Click payment method.
After changing the card details from there, you have to deregister your Kindle and reregister it.
On your Kindle, open Menu and then tap Settings. Tap Registration. In the Deregister Your Kindle message, tap Deregister. Then reregister it from there.
If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, Please don't post new questions. Please reply here. Let me know if you have any difficulty on following the steps above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have gone into http:// etc and have come up with loads of optional sites but not one of them specifically makes it clear as to where I should go. Which one do I choose?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you searched it instead of going to it. Open internet explorer/chrome/firefox and enter this full address on the URL/Addressbar where you enter the websites --> www.amazon.com/mycd
Press return and does that open the Amazon page ?