Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I had a ssmung tab 4 10.1. I bought last year. My mother

Customer Question

Hi I had a ssmung tab 4 10.1. I bought last year. My mother has a tab3. I was setting up a google play account on hers and when it went to put in recovery email I could not skip this without putting a email. Is this the same as on the tab 4 10.1? I set
up accounts without recovery on chrome but I, m wondering if you need one for the play application? Please real answer because the last one gave me fibs that I found out later.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. The recovery email is not mandatory to create a Google account. But if it doesn't allow you to proceed from there without putting a recovery email, then you have will to put one. It wasn't required before though. Honestly, I've not tried to create one from the device itself recently. Google's policies changes frequently. So if it is required now, then you need to enter it. The Play Store uses the Google account and you can create a Google account without recovery email from here. --> https://accounts.google.com/signup Just create it from your computer instead of from the tablet. After creating a Google account from the website above, sign in to that account on the Tab from Settings > Accounts. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was more for my samsung tab 10 if that was the case
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Not sure I understand. Could you please explain a little more ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was meaning for the samsung tab4 10.1 can you set up gmail without recovery email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In Google play if you sign up through there
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If the Google play is updated, then it might require one.
It is not necessary to create the account through the Google play itself. All you need to do is create a Gmail account from the website I sent you, then you can use that Gmail account with the Tablet. Both the Google account and play account are same.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I just tried to create a Play store account on my Galaxy S2 phone and I was able to do it without adding recovery email. But I had to add recovery question and answers inorder to continue.
So it is not important to add the recovery email.