Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

IdeaTab A2109-F Model 2200...... MALWEAR ATTACHED. Cannot

Customer Question

IdeaTab A2109-F Model 2200...... MALWEAR ATTACHED. Cannot get in to compute. HELP.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Is your entire tab infected with that malware ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep. I can sign in, but the Malware screen remains.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IdeaTab A2109-F Model 2200. Malware has compromised the entire system. Cannot get past the screen. Cannot re-boot?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
In that case you may need to factory reset your tablet. Before that, I'd suggest to connect the Tab to your computer and download/backup all your important files to it.
You can also try to boot into Safe Mode and try to backup to your PC if you are unable to do so in normal way. To do that, while the tablet is on, press and hold down the Power button and this will Shutdown menu. Tap and hold down Shutdown option for a few seconds and this will ask you to boot into Safe Mode. Click Ok and this will boot into Safe Mode. The malware will not work in Safe mode so does other core apps/services too. So safe mode will allow you to backup your files.
So backup all your important files to your PC. Then follow the steps below to factory reset it.
Turn off tablet.
Press the Power button and Volume Up button at the same time until you see an Android logo.
When you see it, release the buttons and this will boot into recovery mode.
Select wipe data/factory reset option using volume up/down buttons. Then press Power/home button to confirm and reset it.
Factory reset will erase everything from it and put it to out of box state. This is the best method to get rid of the malware.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting for reboot to com. Waiting for language etc.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
It will take a while to boot after the reset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now its trying to connect and verify my Google aact
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Use the original account that you used with your tablet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't even use google....But I have an account for the cell phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is taking forever. I found my google account, and now the tablet is THINKIN and trying to find it.......
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You can skip that step if you don't use Google. Setup everything and let me know how it goes.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You can create new Google account from there if the old account is not working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im about ready to throw this thing out the window. It will NOT connect to the Gmail account I have..........
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure you are using the correct Gmail password ?
If you don't remember it, you can reset the password ***** here --> https://accounts.google.com/recoveraccount
It is not necessary to setup Gmail account. You can setup it later from Settings > Accounts. You can now skip that step to continue setting up your tablet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant skip it.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Can you create a new Gmail account from there ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried another one!
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Go to this website and just create a brand new Gmail --> https://accounts.google.com/signup
Then use that Gmail account with your Tab. After setting up, you can still use your old Gmail account if you want.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Later
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand. Please elaborate