Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a kindle that a friend gave me. It worked before. It

Customer Question

I have a kindle that a friend gave me. It worked before. It can still turn on, but i cant read my book very well. I don't know how it got cracked. The screen got cracked. What should i do/ I don't want to get a new one, cause I don't have that kind of money.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. If the display on the Kindle is cracked- it needs to be replaced. There's a couple of ways to go about this. Either purchase the screen and replace it yourself (there are companies that provide videos that show how this is done). Or send the Kindle to a repair service and have them replace the screen. There's also a third option of purchasing a refurbished Kindle from Amazon (which is about the same cost as purchasing a replacement screen), and then you an download all of your books for free onto the new Kindle. If you're looking to get this one repaired, or repair it yourself, please check the back of the Kindle and let me know the model number so I can find a source for the screen. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.