Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

When I use a Bluetooth mouse with my Verizon Ellipsis 7

Customer Question

When I use a Bluetooth mouse with my Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet I have no problems. When I use a Bluetooth keyboard with it I have no problems. When I use both at the same time, the keyboard is almost entirely nonfunctional (over a minute to register a
single keystroke). I used to be able to use both mouse and keyboard simultaneously with no problems. Now it doesn't work. What can I do?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, can you go to Settings, and go to Bluetooth.
There tap on each device (keyboard and mouse) and unpair
Then restart the Tablet and repair the devices.
Tell me if they now function please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good idea, but I tried that already, to no avail. Some more information:I am using a Logitech Ultrathin Touch Mouse and a Logitech K810 Bluetooth keyboard. They are both rechargeable via USB, not powered by AA or AAA batteries. I have made sure to have them fully charged, along with the tablet, when trying to troubleshoot this problem myself, before turning to JustAnswer. In the past, I have used both the kayboard and the mouse with my desktop computer, without problems. Though, I aslo used them together with my tablet in the past without problems. I am not sure if they would still work together, problem-free, with my desktop computer, but that is something I could test if you thought it worth checking. I have been able to pair the mouse with other Bluetooth keyboards, and run them simultaneously with ttthe tablet, without problems. Those keyboards are not as good though, and no subsstitute for the K810. When both the K810 and the mouse are paired, it is only the keyboard that seems to have issues. However, doesn't have issues with other devices (that I've encountered), and didn't used to have any issues with the tablet. And, as already noted, when the mouse is not paired, the keyboard funtions perfectly with the tablet. Another thing, which may have nothing to do with this, but could offer you a clue: the other day I tried pairing multiple bluetooth headsets with my tablet, so multiple people could listen to the same song. Every time I paired one set of Bluetooth earbuds, the other set would unpair, and when I repaired it, the OTHER set would unpair. I never tried doing this before, but assume most devices would allow for multiple Bluetooth audio connections. The tablet does have, I believe, Bluetooth 4.0 (the headsets definitely did). The tablet has the Amdroid KitKat OTA update installed, and has since before the keyboard/mouse problem started. I have many bluetooth mice and keyboards available, if you want me to try testing the tablet with any particular configuration/combination of Bluetooth peripherals. These two are my favorites though, and the keyboard is the only one I have that is backlit and useable in the dark, so I can't just solve the problem by using different devices. (The mouse is also my only portable-sized bluetooth mouse.) So, what would you suggest I attempt next? NOTE: I have many tech devices, like other computers, an iPad Air, flagship cellphones, mice and keyboards and other Bluetooth devices of all kinds, so any testing you might have me try with other devices is probably possible.)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you try them both together on the desktop please