Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

I have a bluetooth issue. I use a bluetooth scanner with my

Customer Question

I have a bluetooth issue. I use a bluetooth scanner with my phone to scan barcodes quickly for inventory purposes. However when the scanner is connected it disables the onscreen keyboard which I sometimes need to use to input additional infomation. I have figured out how to change the input settings to make both scanner and onscreen keyboard work, however when the scanner sleeps and I wake it back up and it reconnects, it resets the settings I changed back to where the onscreen keyboard is disabled. is there a way to set the default setting to be where both bluetooth and onscreen keyboards work?
Thanks
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!
Try using an app called "Hackers Keyboard" and open it when the scanner is connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so I installed the hackers keyboard and set it as default keyboard. then connected the bluetooth scanner and it again set the option back to only the scanner. I have to go into settings every time I wake the scanner and it reconnects.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. There is a paid app that will let you select the keyboard that you want to use when a device is connected and it will save it into your profile.
The app is $1.99 and called Keyboard Manager Plus (Make sure you get the Plus version)