Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer
23822421

Cannot get maxx to factory reset.

Customer Question

Cannot get maxx to factory reset.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.
Please follow the steps below:
1- From a Home screen, tap Apps (located at the bottom).
2- Tap Settings.
3- Tap Privacy.
4- Tap Factory Data Reset.
5- Ensure Erase internal storage is selected (checked) then tap Reset phone.
6- Tap Erase Everything.
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.
Please read below also:
Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.
If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No home screen. Phone does not respond.
External Reset
If you are unable to access the phone's menu to perform the standard reset you can attempt an external factory reset.
WARNING: When using this feature; everything is deleted from the device.
NOTE: Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.
1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to Wipe data / factory reset and the POWER Key to select this option
8. Use the VOL DOWN key again to select YES - delete all user data and press the POWER key to CONFIRM
9. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT
10. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence
Thank you!
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/android-devices/9594d-cannot-maxx-factory-reset.html#re.v/173/#ixzz3d5xvkkF0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Didn't work. Headed to verizon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please take any reference to my debit account off the site.
Thanks