Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I can not connect my kindle fire hd7 generation 4 to my computer

Customer Question

I can not connect my kindle fire hd7 generation 4 to my computer windows xp at work
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
What happens when you try to connect it on that computer?
Also does it connect at home ok?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does nothing on work computer, Dont have one at home right know you can call me at 1-***-***-****
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I agree we could solve this quicker on the phone, but I can only call you if you accept the terms of service, I am only a technician and have nothing to do with the company rules, sorry about that.
But if you accept I will call you promptly;-)
If not, I can continue on here in this manner if that is oak with you?
I will send that to you now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
continue here please
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
No problem,
Have you tried with success to hook up your Kindle to any other computer?
Also how are you hooking it up?
And how old is your computer at work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no other computer
usb port front of computer
10 plus years with windows xp
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for that.
The computer is pretty old and it may not have the driver for that USB device and this may be due to restrictions set by the owner of the computer, they do that when they set up as administrator.
Do you have admin privileges for that computer? That may help if you do;-)
Also you need to try this device on a different computer to be sure the cable and the port inside the unit whether new or not is ok. SOmetimes they come in brand new and in bad shape as far as the communication cable is concerned.
It may take us some time to sort this out for you but I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly,and it won't cost you anything additional to rate my service. You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating;-)
Thank you and have a nice day;-)
Please rate kindly at this time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
computer maks a sound when pluged in, and the fire reconizes its on a usb port, just wont communicate
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for the delay had an emergency.
The fact that it makes the sound means it recognizes that something is plugged into the port thats good, but it may be that you don't have authorization to use that computer. It can also be a problem with the Kindle itself but we will get to that if need be.
This usually stems from not being able to set parameters on the computer if you aren't an administrator on that machine.
Let me know about that.
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly,and it won't cost you anything additional to rate my service. You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating;-)
Thank you and have a nice evening;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I hope that helps,
Please don't forget to rate my service before you go as it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you, and you can always get back in touch with me at no additional cost after rating to chat;-)