Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

My Samsung galaxy s3 wont unlock by swiping. I have taken battery

Customer Question

my Samsung galaxy s3 wont unlock by swiping. I have taken battery out, nothing works.can you help
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. It is of course possible that there is a hardware failure on the device, but more likely it's a problem with the software. It's possible that your phones software has become corrupt. One thing you can try is going into recovery mode and then wiping the device from recovery mode. To do that, press the volume down button while powering the phone up. This should bring you into recovery mode which is a text menu. Use the volume buttons to select the option wipe/factory reset and then use the power button to select it and then confirm. What this will do is a wipe of the operating system and force it to reinstall. It will go through the set up of the phone again as it did when it was new and as long as you use the same Google account when setting it up, all data and applications should re-sync. It will take a little while to complete but it's the best chance you have of resolving an issue with the software. When you are going to recovery if the down volume does not work well powering it up use the up volume instead. One of them will get you into the recovery menu. Please let me know if you still have questions. Mike