Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

I would to unlock my ZTE T81 from the Telstra network I am

Customer Question

I would to unlock my ZTE T81 from the Telstra network I am overseas at the moment.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!
Most Pre-Paid handsets sold by Telstra are locked to the Telstra network. The process to have it unlocked is reasonably straight forward but there are a few things you’ll need to know first. The most important thing to know is the contact number: Call(###) ###-####from a Telstra phone, or 13 22 00 from a non-Telstra phone and when prompted say 'Pre-Paid'. They are open 24 hours, Monday to Friday. If you're calling from overseas, call +61 439 125 888 (international call charges will apply).
Your IMEI Number
When you call through it’s also best to have your phone's IMEI number handy.
This is normally on the box that your phone came in however if you’ve thrown it away or don’t have it, the easiest way to get it is by keying * # ***** 6 # ***** then pressing the “call” button on your phone. This should then display a 15 digit number which is your IMEI.
Unlocking Fees
There is a fee to have your Pre-Paid mobile phone unlocked.
It's $80 for phones activatd 6 or less months, or never activated; and $25 for phones activated more than 6 months up to 2 years. There is no unlocking fee after that.
Make sure you have enough credit in your main credit balance (not including bonus credit) so the fee can be deducted from there without you reaching for your credit or debit card.
Once payment is completed you will be advised of unlocking instructions.
Finalising the Process
Once you’ve called the pre-paid unlocking team and they’ve placed your order, it can take up to 72 hours to unlock your phone but generally it's a lot quicker then that. You may need to power cycle the phone (turning it off and then on again) or sync it with your computer depending on the model to complete the process.