Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My wife and I both have the same model of phone: the Samsung

Customer Question

My wife and I both have the same model of phone: the Samsung 5. When we bought hers, I made all her settings the same as mine - I thought. However, when I plug mine in to charge, the screen stays on a few moments and blacks out. On hers, the screen stays on all night. Can't find the setting for it.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
The screen should only stay on if you press the button on the side.

Try plugging it in, then once plugged it and the screen is on press that button.
It should then go to the blacked out screen. Although you have the same model you could have different revisions of it which would explain this small difference.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know how to blank the screen manually. I would think it would do so automatically. It does so when it is NOT plugged in.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Do you have the exact same apps installed?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have more apps, but none on either phone is to change the phone's OS behavior. They are things like banking, and news. Looking at the about screen, all the version settings are identicl except for the SEPF_SM_G900V_5.0. Mine is _0013 and hers is _0002.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That is actually untrue some apps will stop it from blacking out if they are running, even if they are not meant to. Look for any different apps and force close them or use advanced task killer then test it.
.