ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a samusung note 3 that is only 3 months old and has

Customer Question

I have a samusung note 3 that is only 3 months old and has only been dropped once. It has a small crack in the screen and has no water damage. It will now no longer charge for some odd reason. I dropped it about 1.5 months ago. Since I did not have insurance on my phone my carrier wants me to pay for the entire phone and if I want another one id have to buy another phone. Is there a way I could have my phone shipped in and possible fixed?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.
Hi there!
If the phone won't charge even when using different chargers and batteries, then the charging socket may be damaged and will need replacing.
This is a fairly common repair as the charging socket usually wears out over time, so your best and cheapest option would be to have a local electronics repair shop replace the charging socket for you.
If that is not possible, then you can ship the phone back to Samsung, or to any other repair service: http://cellularrepairusa.com/