Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Samsung galaxy isn't receiving text messages

Customer Question

My Samsung galaxy isn't receiving text messages. Two days ago it stopped and I have even text myself and it didn't go through.

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, we need to find out whether you are still *sending* text messages OK.
Try sending a text message to someone you know, then checking on whether it was received by phone or by email - by some alternate means of communication in other words. Or even face-to-face, if they are that close to you geographically.

Second, especially if your Galaxy is not *sending* text messages either, then you need to check on whether your Galaxy has network / data service at all. Try accessing / loading a web page, for instance, that obviously has to have come from the internet... if it doesn't load any web pages, then you probably have data service cut off.

( - If you are not sending text messages also, and if no web pages are loadable, then check whether you are connected... and go into Settings and check that data service (e.g. 2G / 3G / 4G ) is turned On, and that WiFi is Off (unless your data service is through a WiFi link, in which case, turn Off the data service and turn On the WiFi... and re-connect to your local WiFi router, also.) )

Third, contact your data carrier or data transmission/reception service provider, and see whether your data service for SMS text messages is in good status... it is often billed for separately, and if too much service is used, it may be shut Off until the problem is remedied by you and the data carrier in question.