Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

Nexus 7 wont play videos plays 1 min then says prob

Customer Question

nexus 7 wont play videos plays for about 1 min then says prob with hardware accelerator it used to play ok.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please open the MX Player app, then go to menu in it, then select Settings, then select Decoder, then turn on S/W decoder (local), then check playing a video.

- If needed, also, turn on Use H/W+ decoder and H/W+ decoder (local), and check. If needed, uncheck it. If needed, uncheck S/W decoder (local), etc.

Note: If you do not have the MX Player app, then download / install it in Play Store. Then use the MX Player app for playing videos.

- If that does not work, please download the DicePlayer app in Play Store and use it to play videos. If needed, try the VLC app also.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sir. sorry but all of the above did not work.

I'm sorry. To confirm, the videos do not play in the DicePlayer app either?

Please go to Settings -> (General) -> Applications / Applications manager -> ALL, then scroll down, then tap on the item Google Services Framework, then clear data/clear cache it, then check.

; if that does not work, go to Settings -> (General) -> Applications / Applications manager -> ALL, then scroll down, then tap on the item MX Player, then clear data/clear cache it, then check. If needed, try checking/unchecking the S/W decoder (local), and/or H/W decoder (local) again and check.

If that still does not work, please try:

1. Power off the Nexus device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time for about 10 seconds.
  3. An image of an Android lying on its back will appear.
  4. Press the Volume Down key twice until "Recovery mode" appears on the screen.
  5. Press the Power key to restart in "Recovery mode."
  6. An image of an Android with a red triangle will appear.
  7. Press the Power key and Volume Up keys simultaneously.
  8. Use the Volume Up / Down keys to scroll to "wipe data cache partition" and press the Power key to select.
  9. Then select restart, and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sir none of the above worked still will not play.

I'm sorry, it is strange. Is the Android / system software updated? I think the android operating system is corrupted. Is it okay to reset the device fresh to factory defaults? Please let me know. Thank you.