Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

I dropped my kindle in the bath and now the screen is showing

Customer Question

Hi, I dropped my kindle in the bath and now the screen is showing Code2 battery invalid.How can I repair it ?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

First of all sorry for the late response. I just logged in and found your question on the questions list.
Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
This problem sounds like a hardware issue, but sometimes the same issue can be caused by glitch in the software. If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.
Please try this procedure at least 3 times (if you have leather cover or any other cover remove it).
If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power (slide and hold) button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.
If none of previous solution works, please use a substance with a high affinity for water to help draw out moisture. Leave the Kindle in a bowl or bag of uncooked rice overnight (minimum 12 hours). After removing the Kindle from the rice test it again using procedures I have provided you with.
Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't rate you yet as your advice has not solved my problem and I will be looking for a refund.

Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 1 year ago.
No problem. To request a refund, please click the following link: click here
Thanks for using our service!
Best Regards,
Todd