Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

MY LGVS920 WONT POWER ON. GOT A NEW BATTERY AND STILL WONT

Customer Question

MY LGVS920 WONT POWER ON. GOT A NEW BATTERY AND STILL WONT POWER ON
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The battery for that LG phone has several (4) contacts on the side that has an arrow on it. Make sure those contacts, on the battery, are in properly, facing toward the four metal terminals in the battery compartment, that are to contact them.
Then with the battery removed, look at those terminals. Are they all four there, all lined up at equal distance from each other, none bent abnormally?
After making these checks (and also, charging the battery for 6+ hours before trying the phone once more again), you must conclude your phone has a severe defect... or else, just possibly, the charger. (Measure the output of the charger for Volts DC with a voltmeter, if you can, to check that.)
If the charger is bad, it will need replacing. If the phone just won't power up and the charger is OK, then you probably have a bad phone, period, and it will need a choice between either repair or replacement.
(If the phone has been well-treated, and is less than a year from its original purchase date, then it would be fixed by LG, under warranty, for free.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done all of this prior to asking for help. Information worthless
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I think my information is good in that it verifies your efforts at just-right and on-target to the problem.
Did the contacts show up as OK and not bent, to an inspection ?
Did the phone not show any sign of life whatever, at any time?
Have you measured the voltage output from the charger with a meter?
How old is the LG phone? if new, you should return it under warranty terms for an exchange, or if it is outside the exchange period, then return it to LG for warranty servicing to restore its function, free-of-charge.