Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I just replaced the screen on kindle fire HD 7". Once complete

Customer Question

I just replaced the screen on kindle fire HD 7". Once complete I powered the unit and got a pure white blank image. Tried holding power button and got flashing white image response. Slowly getting faster to eventually turn stay on solid. Any ideas?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.It is recommended that you first of all do a soft reset (the kind that resets but doesn't erase the Kindle's data particular to the user...) on the Kindle Fire in question:Hold down the POWER button for 20 seconds (at least) continuously, then release it.It may take a little while to reset, but it should, within a minute or two at most, I think. If that fails to change things, check and double-check whether the screen part number you put into the Kindle Fire, was genuinely the right part #, exactly, for this exact model and this revision of the Kindle Fire HD 7 inch.