Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have an old obsolete Samsung BRightside phone (u380) that

Customer Question

I have an old obsolete Samsung BRightside phone (u380) that I am trying to recover erased sms messages from. Wondershare Dr. Fone does not recognize it and tells me h=I have to go into developer mode. But that doesn't seem to be an option for this phone. DO you know of an older recovery program that is compatible with this phone?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Presuming your Brightside phone to be a SCH-U380... that phone uses the 'Kies' program for backups (and restores) of the phone to a computer. If you ever made a backup before the SMS messages were deleted, it might have gotten copied over in the backup file... that's a possible way to proceed.Otherwise... I don't see that you would need 'an older recovery program'. But if you do, CWM is said to be designed for this phone model:http://www.cwm-twrp-recovery.org/2015/05/samsung-u380-brightside-4641.html - Not that (honestly) I could guide you in its usage in any detail. But it is a Brightside U380 recovery program.