Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

The touch-screen does not always respond to touch. It is intermittent

Customer Question

The touch-screen does not always respond to touch. It is intermittent and responds less than 5% of the time. I tried resetting to factory setting, but that has not solved the problem. I think the screen works, but the software is not handling the touch inputs.
Any suggestions?
I have a Kindle Fire HDX 3rd generation
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and tell me please if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That did not work.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
When you reset the Kindle, did it wipe all the data and return it to new, requiring you to register it again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. It worked OK at first, following the reset. I got the thing registered and began downloading my apps from the cloud. I tried playing Jewel Quest and after a few minutes the Kindle stopped processing the touch screen and began behaving as it did before the reset.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it may be an app your installing so I want to rule this out please.
Can you do the reset again, download your books but do not download any apps and start using the Kindle.
Tell me if it still gets the problem please