Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

My Samsung galaxy tab is less than one year old....it will

Customer Question

my Samsung galaxy tab is less than one year old....it will not charge. I keep receiving the message, battery dangerously low, plug in power.....will not charge. What can be wrong?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. This does indeed mean that your battery has been discharged beyond the point that it should be discharged past. Once a rechargeable battery goes completely flat there is not enough current for a smart charger to read the parameters of the battery so it will default to not charging. This could also be from a battery that has just failed, and that does happen. However it doesn't happen very frequently with the Galaxy tab where the battery is nonremovable. But it's possible for any device to go completely flat in the not charge up. So what I would suggest doing is plug the tablet into a computer USB port overnight. What this will do is feed it a 500 mA trickle charge without it's having to read the battery. Make sure that it's turned off and by the time you get up you should be able to then plug it into the wall charger and have it act normally after that. This is an something that should happen with every day use – but it can happen if it has been left to sit unplugged even for a few days without a charge. The health of the battery and the temperature and humidity and other things are also factors. If you are able to get it running that way which I think you will, then there's no need to replace the battery unless it starts happening more frequently. It isn't usually a sign of a battery that is failing if it happens once every now and then. But if it does happen again. But if it does happen again soon or if the procedure that I gave you doesn't help, please let me know and I will work with you to instruct you on what to do to either replace the battery I have it replaced. Please let me know if you have any questions. By the way you did mention that it is less than one-year-old, so if it turns out that this doesn't do what you needed to, it is still under warranty because the Galaxy tab has a one-year warranty. They will have you send it back to them to replace the battery if that's what's necessary.